Zion Williamson Welcomes a New Era as Jordan Brand’s First Gen-Z Signature Athlete
Jordan will be ushering in a new era, welcoming Zion as its first Gen-Z signature athlete and allowing fans to get a more personal look at the Pelicans’ superstar. On the court, Zion is out-of-this world, while off the court, he’s humble, reserved, family-first, and is into superheroes and anime.
The design of the Zion 1 pays tribute to Zion’s upbringing and fits his overall style of play, including:
- A strong, full-length Air Strobel is stacked with a Zoom Air unit underneath the forefoot for energy-returning stability
- Forefoot band and re-engineered traction pattern provide a secure, responsive feel on the court
- Flexible, articulated tongue with padding and unique stitching patterns, inspired by a superhero’s suit, embodying Zion’s love for superheroes
- “Z” design on the lateral side to harness power in the heel and enable speed in the forefoot
- Four colorways including:
- Gen Zion – classically simplistic in black and white
- ZNA – represents crossover of being out of this world, but also down to earth
o Noah – a colorway dedicated to Zion’s fun loving and outgoing kid brother, Noah
o Marion – channels Zion’s home in South Carolina and his middle school – places that shaped him into the athlete he is today
The Zion 1 is also accompanied by an apparel collection featuring on and off court looks, with colors and graphics inspired by Zion’s love for anime.