Welcome to 2021! New year means new achievements, new goals, and another WNBA season starting soon. With the 2020 season being a wild season due to Covid, the bubble AKA Wubble brought out some crazy PEs and other sneakers. So, we decided to do a look back at the top 10 sneakers of the season.
10. Skylar Diggins Puma RS Dreamer
9. Aja Wilson Nike Air Zoom BB NXT PE “Go Vote”
8. Diana Taurasi Argentina PE x Nike Lebron 17
7. Natalie Achonwa Nike Zoom Kobe AD Custom
6. Alysha Clark Kobe 9 Elite “Influence”
5. Candace Parker Adidas Pro Model “Kobe” PE
4. Lexi Brown Reebok Question low PE
3. Kia Nurse Jordan 34 “Dunkaroo”
2. Sue Bird Kryie 6 “Miyagi” PE
And the #1 shoe of the WNBA bubble will be the Kobe 5 Protro “Gold Mamba” worn by Jewel Lloyd during the championship game against the Las Vegas Aces. This all gold Kobe 5 was an ode to the late Kobe Bryant and the relationship he and Jewel had from very early in her career. Jewel blessed the court with just about every Protro 5 that has been released in recent months but this Protro, is one for the books.
Looking forward to the 2021 season, there has been a lot of signings and brands bringing on new faces. Jordan Brand has stacked the deck by signing Te’a Cooper, Courtney Dangerfield, the reigning 2-time 6th woman of the year, Dearica Hamby. Reebok and Lexi Brown have had family ties since her dad, Dee Brown, won the Slam Dunk contest in 1991 in the classic Reebok Pump. We can’t wait to see what this season brings and who will be the sneaker champ of 2021.